Grace Manor was built at the same time as Peace Tower. Grace Manor is divided into 5 smaller resident home areas, each with 24 residents, in an environment that promotes the use of mobility equipment, safety for residents and increases the level of independence.
Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in our time of need Hebrews 4:16
Grace Manor is located on the south side of King Knoll Drive, where one of our apartment towers is already situated, and across the street from the existing Long Term Care facility and other apartment towers.
Some of the physical features of Grace Manor include:
- Private, personal space that allows display of personal items to promote a normalized environment;
- Five smaller resident home areas (RHAs) to create a more calm, quiet and home-like atmosphere (24 residents per home area);
- An environment that promotes the use of mobility equipment, promotes safety for residents and increases level of independence;
- Private and larger sized rooms for special needs equipment and procedures;
- Accessibility to dining/programming/therapy areas due to the decreased mobility and increased technological equipment that the complex care group requires;
- Outdoor space to improve quality of life, promote normalization and provide a connection with nature and the outside community;
- Specific to cognitively impaired residents:
- a designated secure area that is barrier free;
- access to secure outdoor; specially designed garden areas for increased quality of life and to promote independence;
- environmental cueing to assist with way-finding;
- wandering paths with uncluttered walkways to increase safety;
- communication protocols to reduce overhead paging;
- alarm system locks to maximize safety.
If you are interested in a tour or more information please call 905-459-3333.
For Grace Manor placement information please contact:
Community Care Access Centre of Peel, 199 County Court Blvd., Brampton, Ont. L6W 4P3 Telephone: 905-796-0040