Am I Ready to Move to HCH?
Thinking About Your Future
Despite the attractive lifestyle and convenient services of a senior living community like HCH, you and your family might still be asking yourselves, “Are we ready?”
Well, you’re not alone. Many residents and their families start with the same thought in mind, and nearly always confess, “I wish I hadn’t waited so long!” Here are a few signs you might be ready:
- You feel like your home is too big and too much work.
- You see yourself going on adventures, taking fitness classes, relaxing, dining out, having fun, and making new friends.
- You’d appreciate having things like your church, doctor and pharmacy nearby.
- You want to take advantage of all your city and community has to offer, but don’t want to do it alone.
- You would feel safer and more confident with the presence of 24-hour staff.
- Regularly planned social hours and fun outings with people your age sounds appealing to you.
- Friends and family members have encouraged you to check out senior living communities.
If you can answer yes or agree to any of these sentiments, it’s time to consider making a move. If you’ve already decided, you may be wondering what’s next. To start, let’s walk through what leads our residents to say goodbye to yard work, home maintenance, cooking, and cleaning and say hello to delicious restaurant-style meals, planned social hours, and new relationships.
With content from “Senior Living Blog” by Alissa Sauer.