VOLUNTEERS ENHANCE OUR QUALITY OF LIFE
Who We Are
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Holland Christian Homes.
We believe that volunteers are an integral part of our team and a vital part in achieving our goals. Our team of volunteers make all the difference! They are a key component of our “Here to Care” priority, as they enhance the quality of life for our residents and tenants in very practical ways.
Benefits of Volunteering
Volunteers bring skills and experience with them that they want to use, or they may volunteer in order to gain practical experience in areas of interest. Some other benefits of volunteering at HCH include:
- An opportunity to interact with older adults
- Enhance and develop new abilities and skills, such as: interpersonal skills, time management, leadership and communication skills
- Meet new people
- Make a difference in the life of a resident
- Gain hours towards your high school community hours
- Request a Volunteer Services Reference upon completion of required commitment
- Gain workplace experience
- Keep active in your community.
We do our best to place all volunteers who apply. We accept volunteer applications on an ongoing basis. However, we only contact those candidates who have been selected for an interview. To be considered for a volunteer opportunity, please note the following requirements:
- Minimum age requirement of 15 years old
- A minimum 60-hour commitment
- Complete volunteer application form
- Attend an interview
- Provide 2 references
- Vulnerable Sector Police Check (cost covered by HCH)
- Attend an orientation session, including all required training.
Note: Student practicum/co-op placements are not offered through our volunteer program.
How to Become a Volunteer
If you are an external candidate applying (not living at HCH), please apply here.
Internal candidates (tenants of HCH), may also apply directly by clicking on the link above, or by printing our HCH Volunteer Application Form below and submitting in person at our Reception Desk, or by email or mail.
Submit by email: email@example.com
Submit by mail to:
Holland Christian Homes
7900 McLaughlin Road South,