Guidelines for Visitors
Welcome to Faith and Grace Manor
When Planning a Visit
- Please do not visit the home if you feel sick, unwell or have symptoms of a cough, cold, fever, stomach virus (e.g. diarrhea or vomiting), or any other contagious condition.
- Visitors are expected to abide by the home’s established policies and procedures, and any other applicable communication or legislation.
- Visitors are encouraged to refrain from wearing scented products.
- Visitors who are legally prohibited from contacting a resident are not permitted to visit.
When Visiting the Home
- Please use available parking spots, but do not park in any space marked, “reserved”. The driveway in front of the home can be used for pick up/drop off (no standing or parking), and must be available at all times for emergency vehicles.
- Visitors are asked to be respectful towards all residents, staff, and other visitors.
- Visitors are asked to be respectful of the goods and property of others.
- Activity room fridges are for resident-use only. Any resident items put in fridge must be labelled with the resident’s name and the date it was placed in the fridge. Items will be discarded by staff if unlabeled, expired, or as needed for resident safety.
- Visitors to the home are welcome to visit with the resident on the Resident Home Area where they reside, or in common public areas.
- All visitors must sign the resident out of the Resident Home Area when going to other public areas in the building, or leaving the building. A staff member should also be advised.
- Non-family members are not permitted to visit a resident in a private room unless expressly invited by that resident or family.
- Visitors are expected to respect the rights of all residents and families, including not monopolizing common spaces on Resident Home Areas
- Visitors are not permitted in non-resident areas. This includes, but is not limited to, nursing stations, conference rooms, staff rooms, storage rooms, utility rooms, and home service areas such as laundry and receiving.
- Children must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
- Pets must be leashed, well-mannered and have updated rabies, distemper and other commonly required vaccinations. Supporting documentation may be requested. Pets/animals are not permitted anywhere within food service or dining areas (service animals exempted).
- During winter months, visitors are asked to take care to ensure they have removed excess snow from clothing and footwear; resulting puddles could become a hazard.
Health and Safety
- Regular cleaning of hands reduces the spread of infection. Please clean your hands frequently when visiting. Cover coughs or sneezes with tissue or crook of arm. Please refrain from touching your face.
- If Infection Control Precaution signage is posted, please check with the nursing staff for further direction prior to entering room.
- Should the home experience an outbreak, visitors are expected to respect the restrictions that may be put into effect on consultation with Peel Public Health.
- Follow staff instruction in the event of an emergency.
- Visitors will refrain from providing personal care to residents for which knowledge, education, and certification may be required.
- The privacy of all residents, staff and other visitors must always be respected.
- Staff are only able to provide updates on a resident’s specific condition to one documented designated person.
- Visitors, including family, must not take pictures, voice or video recordings of any residents, staff or other visitors without the express consent of the individuals involved. Any video recordings taken. within the residence require the prior written consent of a senior staff member of the residence on the form prescribed for same.
- Visitors will be requested to leave a resident’s room when care is being provided.
- Food and fluids are available for resident consumption only.
- When assisting your loved one to eat a meal, please be seated, and use only a teaspoon (no tablespoons allowed).
- Supplies and equipment within the home are not available for use by visitors without the express permission of the home.
- Smoking is prohibited in the home and nine metres surrounding any entrance/exit. Smoking is only permitted in designated areas on the home grounds.
- The consumption of alcohol is strictly prohibited by visitors.
- Possession and use of street drugs and/or weapons is strictly prohibited.
- Unacceptable behaviour on the part of a visitor such as loud and disruptive behaviour, verbal abuse, physical abuse, violence, interference with the care of a resident, and infringement of the guidelines for visitors will not be tolerated, and may result in visiting restrictions, visiting prohibition, or legal action.